Apple German Pancakes
Warm and delicious, these Apple German Pancakes are great for breakfast or, as a dessert dish served with ice cream!
10 mins Cook Time
15 mins Yield: 6 -8 servings
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Apples (honey crisp, granny smith or pink lady); peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for topping (optional)
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 F.
In a medium bowl, mix flour and salt until well incorporated.
Create a well in the flour, and add milk and vanilla; mix well.
Add each egg, one at at a time, mixing well until completely blended.
In an oven-proof skillet, melt butter and saute sliced apples. When apples are soft, sprinkle evenly with spices (cinnamon, nutmet, ground cloves).
Pour batter over apples and cook over medium heat on stovetop, until barely set around the edges. Do not set too firm, otherwise this will not puff up properly in the oven.
Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy.
Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with a wedge of lemon, if desired.
Your Ratings and Comments
Please sign in to rate or comment. Sign in with Facebook or use your Eggland's Best account.