Chai Banana Bread
This isn't ordinary banana bread. The blend of spices take this recipe to a new level. Serve with cream cheese frosting or plain with a scoop of frozen yogurt.
15 mins Cook Time
1 hr Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs (large)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Add banana, yogurt, butter and eggs to a large mixing bowl and beat with a mixer on medium speed just until blended. Add sugars and beat on medium just until blended.
In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and allspice together. Add to banana mixture and beat just until blended.
Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely before frosting.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until creamy and thick enough to spread.
Your Ratings and Comments
Please sign in to rate or comment. Sign in with Facebook or use your Eggland's Best account.